Andy McCullough sent the following letter to ministry partners and friends. We thought it was a great idea on many fronts — relationship with partners, getting partners engaged in planting movements, balancing good news and good deeds, etc.
Soon you should be receiving our January letter either by snail mail or email. In the letter, I share briefly about my trip last month to South Africa and about going back next summer.
Even before I went I started dreaming about returning this coming July and inviting you all to join me. Sort of a Ministry Partners Missions project. This summer marks the twentieth anniversary of my first international project. That summer I went to Kenya and the experience changed my life. I couldn’t think of who I’d love to go back to Africa with that those of who partner with Robin and I through your prayers and gifts.
Here’s some basic info of this opportunity…
· Tentatively, we would leave July 18th (a Friday) and return on the morning of July 28th (a Monday).
I would reserve tickets for our group and we would all meet up at Dulles Intl Airport in DC and fly together. (Those of us from CO we would fly to Dulles from Denver together.)
For the week of 21st we would serve Beam ministry as they ministry to orphans and the poor. I’d love to have…
1. People from medical community so we could set up either a medical clinic or dental clinic or both.
2. Anyone with computer skills that could teach basic skills in their computer lab.
3. Someone with small business skills to train some adults how to start up their own business.
4. Anyone who could help minister to kids whether through a program like VBS or just loving on them. So teachers or anyone who just loves kids.
5. Anyone willing to serve in any way. We will
We would spend some time too encouraging the Campus Crusade project that will be there that month.
We also would go on a safari one day and visit an African church too.
I am still working on the actual costs. I have found that plane tickets in July are rather expensive so it may cost somewhere between $2500 and 3000. Our Church here in Boulder is setting this up as one our mission trips so you can raise support and people can get a tax deduction.
So… would prayerfully consider going with me this summer for 10 days to South Africa? If I did this right, there should be voting options on the email. If you are at all interested please let me know.
Associate WSN Director
Great Plains Int’l
A Few Minutes with Andy <http://andymccullough.blogspot.com/>
STINT Leaders <http://stintleaders.blogspot.com/>
Here I am Send Me! <http://isaiahsixeight.blogspot.com/>
Facebook profile <http://www.facebook.com/p/Andy_McCullough/500699312>
“God’s part is to put forth power; our part is to put forth faith.”– Andrew Bonar, missionary to Palestine, 1810-1892.